Airline tickets Lufthansa
Earn the miles - enjoy the awards
In our global Miles & More frequent flyer programme, you collect miles whenever you fly with one of our numerous partner airlines. You'll also add miles to your mileage account by renting cars, staying at hotels or using the products and services of further programme partners.
- are earned on Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Air One, Austrian Airlines Group, Cirrus Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional, Lufthansa Private Jet, SWISS and all Star Alliance member airlines.
- are automatically credited together with the same number of award miles for travel on these airlines.
- you'll become a Frequent Traveller with 35,000 miles, a Senator with 130,000 miles earned within a calender year. A status mileage level of 100,000 miles applies for members who are not German residents.
How to become a member? You must contact your travel agent so you can complete a form, or you can click here for online registration.
Free baggage allowance
On all routes not mentioned in the chart above (international and within Germany) the free baggage allowance is defined by the Weight Concept. Here the number of pieces is not so relevant but the overall weight of your baggage. This is allowed:
- First Class: 40 kg
- Business Class: 30 kg
- Economy Class: 20 kg
Free baggage allowance on long-haul flights
For numerous long-haul flights the Piece Concept applies. This means that every adult passenger may check in up to two pieces of baggage free of charge. Please see below for the allowed weights per piece:
- From and to Canada und the USA 2 pieces 23 kg each
- Via the USA (for routes that land in the USA) 2 pieces 23 kg each
- Between Europe and Mexico 2 pieces 23 kg each
Transportation of pushchairs, wheelchairs or walking aids
At most stations you can keep your pushchair, baby buggy, wheelchair or other walking aid that you depend on until you board the aircraft. A foldable pushchair or baby basket we transport free of charge. A pram will be transported in the cargo hold. Disabled passengers can check in a wheelchair in addition to their free baggage allowance. The pram or wheelchair will be given to you, wherever possible, after disembarking the aircraft. Please beware that the place where the items are returned can vary depending on the location at your destination.