Airline tickets Delta Air Lines
You can carry on one bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as it:
- Weighs less than 40 pounds (18 kg).
- Does not exceed 45 inches when you total length plus width plus height.
- Fits easily in our SizeCheck?® unit (approximately 22"x14"x9").
- Fits in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.
Here are some examples of personal items:
- Male or female purse
- Laptop computer (All laptop/computers must be carried aboard and cannot be checked.
- Camera case
These additional items are okay to carry on and do not count towards your allowance:
- Food items for immediate consumption
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches, provided passenger is dependent on them
- One box or bag of duty free merchandise
- A coat or jacket
- An umbrella
- One item of reading material
There may be more limits to carry-on baggage based on available space and additional restrictions on certain flights.
You can check one bag per passenger free of charge when traveling in the U. S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. If traveling outside the U.S. you can check two bags free of charge.
Each bag must:
- Weigh 50 pounds (22.5 kg) or less.
- Not exceed 62 inches when you total length plus width plus height.
- Business Elite?® and First Class passengers are allowed 3 checked bags at no charge up to 70 lbs.
- Passengers traveling to or from Key West and Marathon, Florida are limited to only one checked bag.
- The free weight allowance is 70 pounds (32 kg) for tickets purchased in Brazil, or for tickets purchased in Japan when traveling to/from Brazil.
- Active duty military personnel with traveling orders will be allowed to check 2 bags up to 70lbs at no additional charge.
With the exception of original factory-sealed boxes that will be accepted on a standby basis, we do not accept boxes as checked baggage to Central or South America (except Brazil, Mexico, and Chile) at any time of the year.
General Conditions of Acceptance
Delta will accept your baggage for transportation, subject to the following conditions:
- All baggage is subject to search.
- We reserve the right to refuse baggage whose size, weight, character, or condition is unsuitable for transportation on the particular aircraft which is to transport it or which cannot be accommodated without harming or annoying passengers.
- Baggage check-in requirements, which vary by airport, must be met.
- Baggage must be checked at a Delta designated city or airport office.
- Your name must be on your luggage.
- Baggage will not be checked to a destination that is not on a passenger's itinerary.